Moana Nursery Seminars and Events
Our seminars and workshops are conducted by our friendly and knowledgeable staff and local garden experts.
- Seminars are held in our Landscape & DesignCenter at the Moana Lane Nursery location (across the parking lot).
- They are held on Saturdays at 10AM and last about an hour.
- Seminars are FREE, and we operate on a first come, first served basis.
- Space is limited to a maximum of 60, so please come early to get a seat.
- Standing in the back of the room is not permitted, as this is a fire hazard. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
- Popular seminar topics may be repeated.
- We appreciate feedback on our seminars ... please complete this quick survey here.
Fall Container Workshop for Novices and Experienced Gardeners
Begins: Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 10:00 AM PST
September 9: Fall Container Workshop for Novices and Experienced Gardeners ..... Join Moana Nursery Color Buyer Bree Lake and Sales Associate/Color Specialist Michelle Cartnick to learn the essentials of creating a living container plus design and planting tips you can apply anywhere in your garden. You'll leave with a 10" dia. /3 gallon container complete with spillers, fillers and thriller which can easily be popped into an urn or pot you already own.Workshop cost is $35 or $45 and includes all the materials necessary. Must sign up and pay in advance at our Moana Lane store or you can call 825-0600 and register with your credit card. (No shows will not be refunded their money.) Class size is limited to 20. Registration closes Thursday, September 7 or when full, whichever comes first. Bring your gloves or come early and purchase a pair.
The Fine Art of Growing Garlic
Begins: Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 10:00 AM PST
September 16: The Fine Art of Growing Garlic .....Join Master Gardener and Garlic Connoisseur Earstin Whitten to learn how to grow garlic successfully in the northern Nevada. Topics will include soil preparation, cultivation, harvesting, propagation and curing garlic. Earstin's specialty is growing heirloom organic garlic. He will have a few recipes to share as well.
Ask Our Experts In-Store ... Every Day!
Begins: Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 08:00 AM PST
Seminars are great but don't forget our staff of green experts can answer questions and provide solutions every day.